Peter Hall & Son is very much a family business with a team dynamic that works together to supports every member of the business and provide the best customer service. Every member of the team is motivated by the same pride in their work and strives to maintain the integrity of the brand. The collaboration between our specialist departments offers a unique and vibrant working environment for our staff. Training is integral to reaching our particularly high standards and we offer apprenticeships in all our making departments. If you have an attitude that pushes you to achieve your best and you work well within a team focussed environment, why not consider working with us. Available positions are outlined below.
If you think you would be suited to working in one of our other departments, but we are not showing an available position, please do contact us anyway for up and coming opportunities.
Peter Hall & Son may be looking for an experienced and competent cabinet maker to join our team in 2021. This is an extremely important and exciting role that will expose you to some utterly unique projects as part of a friendly and talented team.
If you would like to share your interest in this potential role please do let us know.
- The ideal candidate is ambitious and enjoys a challenge. We expect very high quality at Peter Hall & Son but you will also have the support of your skilled team members and management team.
- You must also be able to work efficiently and in an organised fashion. Ensure you have everything you need for your next project ahead of time.
- Experience working to deadlines
- The ability to plan ahead and problem solve. Work with team members to help solve problems before they occur.
- Work with others in the business as part of the team.
- Ensure your work area is tidy and help with keeping the workshop organised and tidy.
- To have a minimum of 5 years cabinet making experience in all aspects of cabinet making to a high standard.
- To have full knowledge of using the following:
- Machinery including, planer thicknesser,
- Dimension, crosscut, rip and band saws
- Morticer and tenoner
- Spindle moulder
- Wide belt sander
- Be skilled with both hand tools and power tools
- Able to read a two-dimensional sheet drawing and produce an accurate cutting list
- Have experience in hand finishing
The position is full-time Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm. This includes a half-hour lunch break and two 15 minute coffee breaks.
To apply, please send you CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
For more information call us on 01539 821 633
Peter Hall & Son are always looking for experienced and competent upholsterers to work in our upholstery department at our workshop in Staveley. We are a diversely skilled family business that believes in maintaining the hand skills required to make some of the finest furniture, upholstery and lifestyle accessories in the UK.
Benefits of Upholsterer
- The successful candidate will have the satisfaction of running projects from beginning to end with tangible results
- Solve problems and perform hands-on work on a daily basis
- Work with some amazing antiques and on unique projects
- Have a creative license to suggest fabrics and finishes especially when staying sympathetic to the original fabrics and methods.
- This is an engaging creative outlet for those who enjoy working with fabrics, interior decor, antiques, or other design elements.
Requirements of Upholsterer
- Ideal candidates must be comfortable with both traditional and modern upholstery
- Have the ability to demonstrate full upholstery skills including
- Hand springing with coil springs
- Stitching horsehair and canvas
- Cutting foam
- Creating templates
- Accurate fabric cutting and pattern matching
- Experienced use of industrial sewing machines
- Precise and neat attention to detail
- In addition, candidates will need to estimate for work and keep to deadlines.
- Have a polite and friendly attitude is essential
- To liaise with clients and work well as part of the existing team.
Hours are 8:30 am - 5 pm with half an hour unpaid lunch break and two paid 15-minute breaks.
If you are interested in working for us please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, you can call us on 01539 821633