Peter Hall & Son is very much a family business with a team dynamic that works together to supports every member of the business and provide the best customer service. Every member of the team is motivated by the same pride in their work and strives to maintain the integrity of the brand. The collaboration between our specialist departments offers a unique and vibrant working environment for our staff. Training is integral to reaching our particularly high standards and we offer apprenticeships in all our making departments. If you have an attitude that pushes you to achieve your best and you work well within a team focussed environment, why not consider working with us. Available positions are outlined below.
If you think you would be suited to working in one of our other departments, but we are not showing an available position, please do contact us anyway for up and coming opportunities.
Peter Hall & Son are looking for an experienced and competent retail assistant to work in our
independent boutique store in Windermere. We are a diversely skilled family business that
believes in maintaining the hand skills required to make some of the finest furniture, upholstery
and lifestyle accessories in the UK.
Benefits of Retail Assistant:
- Handle and sell artisan furniture and unique home accessories that are made locally.
- Work right in the middle of one of the most beautiful and popular villages in the Lake District.
- The opportunity to work closely with the head office with day to day decision making
- A diverse range of responsibilities, which keeps your role exciting and requires flexibility
- The opportunity to work independently and as part of a team.
- Create personable and lasting relationships with customers
Requirements of Retail Assistant:
The candidate must be an experienced and competent retail assistant. Enthusiasm for the
brand and products are essential to deliver a high-quality service. Training will be provided on all
stock but a thirst for knowledge is desirable. The variety and quality of Peter Hall & Son
creations mean that our retail side of the business is particularly inspiring, with new pieces
straight from the workshops.
Applicants must be friendly, polite and have the drive to engage with customers and build and
maintain relationships with our clients. Successful candidates will represent the brand of
Peter Hall & Son with a professional attitude and dedication to five-star customer service. To
maintain our high standards, all staff are required to have a high level of attention to detail in
in order to provide the very best customer experience.
The successful candidate will become a key member of the business so a positive attitude,
great team working skills and excellent communication is essential. The company is always
evolving and staff must be dynamic and ready to react to the needs of the business.
Responsibilities of Retail Assistant:
- Opening and closing up the shop
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints
- Restocking and maintaining product displays
- Engaging with all customers and provide high-quality customer service
- Generating and following up leads
- Discussing bespoke and custom projects with clients
- Accurately processing sales through our Epos system
- Wrapping and packing in-store sales and posting online sales
- Ensuring stock is not stolen by both being vigilant and CCTV monitoring
- Re-stocking and ensuring the shop premises is clean and tidy
- Maximising profitability and meeting sales targets
The position will be 24 hours a week including weekends.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
For more information, you can call us on 015394 88731
Peter Hall & Son are always looking for experienced and competent upholsterers to work in our upholstery department at our workshop in Staveley. We are a diversely skilled family business that believes in maintaining the hand skills required to make some of the finest furniture, upholstery and lifestyle accessories in the UK.
Benefits of Upholsterer
- The successful candidate will have the satisfaction of running projects from beginning to end with tangible results
- Solve problems and perform hands-on work on a daily basis
- Work with some amazing antiques and on unique projects
- Have a creative license to suggest fabrics and finishes especially when staying sympathetic to the original fabrics and methods.
- This is an engaging creative outlet for those who enjoy working with fabrics, interior decor, antiques, or other design elements.
Requirements of Upholsterer
- Ideal candidates must be comfortable with both traditional and modern upholstery
- Have the ability to demonstrate full upholstery skills including
- Hand springing with coil springs
- Stitching horsehair and canvas
- Cutting foam
- Creating templates
- Accurate fabric cutting and pattern matching
- Experienced use of industrial sewing machines
- Precise and neat attention to detail
- In addition, candidates will need to estimate for work and keep to deadlines.
- Have a polite and friendly attitude is essential
- To liaise with clients and work well as part of the existing team.
Hours are 8:30 am - 5 pm with half an hour unpaid lunch break and two paid 15-minute breaks.
If you are interested in working for us please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
For more information, you can call us on 01539 821633