Peter Hall & Son is very much a family business with a team dynamic that works together to supports every member of the business and provide the best customer service. Every member of the team is motivated by the same pride in their work and strives to maintain the integrity of the brand. The collaboration between our specialist departments offers a unique and vibrant working environment for our staff. Training is integral to reaching our particularly high standards and we offer apprenticeships in all our making departments. If you have an attitude that pushes you to achieve your best and you work well within a team focussed environment, why not consider working with us. Available positions are outlined below.
If you think you would be suited to working in one of our other departments, but we are not showing an available position, please do contact us anyway for up and coming opportunities.
Peter Hall & Son are looking for an experienced and competent retail manager to run our independent boutique store in Windermere. We are a diversely skilled family business that believes in maintaining the hand skills required to make some of the finest furniture, upholstery and lifestyle accessories in the UK.
Benefits of Retail Store Manager
- Successful candidates will offer creative and instructive decisions for promoting and developing the business and customer experience.
- The opportunity to work closely with the head office to make key decisions on running the store successfully
- A diverse range of responsibilities, which keeps your role exciting and requires flexibility
- Creative input on the look and design of your shop floor and windows
- Create personable and lasting relationships with customers
- Handle and sell beautiful furniture and accessories and make key decisions on stock selections
Requirements for Retail Store Manager:
The candidate must be an experienced and competent retail manager. Enthusiasm for the brand and products is essential to deliver a high-quality service. Training will be provided on all stock but a thirst for knowledge is desirable. The variety and quality of Peter Hall & Son creations mean that our retail side of the business is particularly inspiring, with new pieces straight from the workshops.
Applicants must be friendly, polite and have the drive to engage with customers and build and maintain relationships with our clients. Successful candidates will represent the brand of Peter Hall & Son with a professional attitude and dedication to five-star customer service. To maintain our high standards, all staff are required to have a high level of attention to detail in order to provide the very best customer experience.
Creativity and concept generation is desirable. You will be responsible for the visual merchandising of shop and window displays. You will also be responsible for managing the buying within your department. This will involve raising POs and making key decisions on stock levels. Successful candidates will be liaising with the design team regarding new products and contributing ideas for new product lines. Creative input is welcome.
The successful candidate will become a key member of the business so a positive attitude, great team working skills and excellent communication is essential. The company is always evolving and staff must be dynamic and ready to react to the needs of the business.
Responsibilities of Retail Store Manager:
- Opening and closing up the shop
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints
- Liaising with suppliers and head office
- Contributing ideas on new products and promotions with the design and marketing team.
- Raising PO’s with suppliers for re-stocking and making key decisions on stock control
- Restocking and maintaining product displays
- Visual merchandising including window displays
- Engaging with all customers and provide high-quality customer service
- Generating and following up leads
- Discussing bespoke and custom projects with clients
- Accurately processing sales through our Epos system
- Wrapping and packing in-store sales and posting online sales
- Ensuring stock is not stolen by both being vigilant and CCTV monitoring
- Re-stocking and ensuring the shop premises is clean and tidy
- Processing stock deliveries carefully and accurately
- Maximising profitability and meeting sales targets, including motivating staff to do so.
The position will be full time - 40 hours a week including weekends. Working days will either be fixed, or could be on a rota system for the right candidate.
Pay will be fair and dependent on experience.
Start date is November 2nd. Early applications are desirable
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected].
For more information, you can call us on 01539 821633